tv sound comes after 1 hour

hi,

i have a second hand tv that produces sounds only after maybe more or less 1 hour. Picture was fine but the only prob is that sounds does not come on instantly.I tapped the tv chassis but nothing change. i checked the speaker but it's working. Any suggestions regarding this problem.

Sorry, i did'nt specify the model coz I forgot to list it while leaving home.

thanks in adv.

ian

Reply to
yhan

Ian:

make/brand build date model # chassis #

All of the above is required if you are to expect any kind of pertinent reply. electricitym . .

Reply to
electricitym

sounds like a dry joint , and only when the set has warmed up the joint expands and then makes electrical contact

try looking around the audio stages , or if you don't know where that is try all over to find a dull or cracked joint you may need a good strong light , and a mag glass also wiggle component to see an movement on the soldered side if this can be seen then suspect that ..

cheers

Reply to
paul405

Perhaps the video circuits haven't put their clocks back and the video arrives an hour ahead!

Reply to
John F. Miller