TV Guide on Screen Programming

When analog TV broadcast signals end in 2009 will the feature of "TV Guide on Screen Programming" end also, even when hooked to Comcast cable?

My understand is that this programming information is piggybacked onto the analog signal of your local PBS station. It is part of the VBI vertical blanking interval, so I am thinking this feature will end, but am not sure.

Reply to
tnom

If I remember correctly, only the information about that particular channel is in the VBI. this data is still being sent digitally in the data stream. It's in a standard format that any cable company can decode. There is a lot of left over room in the new digital stream for data. A few years ago, we were actually debating what we would put in that left over bandwidth. I got out of the industry before digital really took off in our market, so I'm not sure what the outcome was.

@
Reply to
Talley.Aaron