Trying to contact Tom Gootee

Hi all,

I found a manual on Tom Gootee's web site:

oredered it and paid for it via PayPal. Now, almost three months later, I still have not received the manual nor have any of my numerous e-mails, voice mails, or messages left with someone who occasionally answers his phone been returned. Does anyone know how to get ahold of him or what may be going on?

Thanks, Stan swperk-at-earthlink-dot-net

Reply to
Stan

Stan: Why are you announcing this on a newsgroup? The whole idea of PayPal is to protect the buyer and the seller..... ..... soooooo, you should contact PayPal. Either you will get your stuff or you will get your money back. electricitym , ,

Reply to
electricitym

Actually, I'm curious why I have neither heard from Tom nor received my manual, and what the experiences of others who have tried to buy things from Tom have been. Also, I've seen that Tom posts to the sci.electronics... newsgroups, so I'm hoping to get a response from him (or someone who knows him) through this channel.

Finally, PayPal won't/can't help me because it's beyond 45 days since I sent the money.

Stan

Reply to
Stan

.... then you should "challenge" the bill on your credit card and claim that you never recieved the merchandise. Most credit card companies will "side" with the card holder until proven otherwise.

Reply to
electricitym

"Stan" escribió en el mensaje news:ahs0g.2582$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com...

Why did you bought something from a website which clearly shows no signs of being updated in the last three years??

Reply to
Luis Martino Ameijeiras

Actually, when I originally Googled the manual to try to find a source, I was directed to a page on Tom's website that was updated in 2005. That, along with the fact that I knew Tom was still active on the newsgroups suggested to me that it was very likely he was still around and would send me the manual I paid for.

Since my PayPal payment was funded by my existing PayPal balance, a credit card compnay was not involved, so I don't think I have that recourse. Besides, it's not really about the money (although I would like to have my money back if I can't have the manual I ordered), it's more about trying to straighten out an online transaction that went astray.

Sure, in retrospect I should have done things differently, but hindsight is

*always* 20/20!

Stan

Reply to
Stan

"Stan" escribió en el mensaje news:pPy0g.3165$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com...

You are right. I just hope you didn´t lose much money in the transaction.

Reply to
Luis Martino Ameijeiras

Stan,

Sorry!

I just saw your Paypal request for a refund and will process it ASAP (in the morning). I'll also send your manual(s), if I can find out what you ordered (email me, just to be sure).

I have had some severe problems, both computer/email-related and otherwise, for the last several months, and have also had WAY more work than usual. Many/most emails were disappearing (or, rather, never appearing) and I was too busy trying to finish a project (and trying to attend to some other situations, here) to notice.

It looks like everything is pretty-much A-OK, again, now, finally. (BTW: I also am almost never available by phone, and basically never get any messages left for me. Sorry. I'll have to think about trying to change that.) I'm now trying to work back through my Paypal "History" screens, to see what all might have been missed.

The manuals webpage IS up-to-date. I just haven't acquired any new manuals to add to it, for a while. (

)

By next week, I should be back to my standard "same-day shipping" routine.

If there is anyone else who reads this who did not get an order they placed, please email tomg at fullnet.com .

- Tom Gootee

Reply to
tomg

I never heard from Tom directly, nor from anyone who knew how to get in touch with him. Since PayPal couldn't help me recover my initial payment to Tom (past their 45-day limit), I submitted a request for payment from Tom through PayPal. A few days later Tom refunded my money without comment, so all is well. I still don't know what happened with the original transaction, but I'm satisifed with the outcome.

Thanks, Stan

Reply to
Stan