Troubleshooting Integrated Amp

I just got a used NAD 3155 Integrated Amplifier. It has a main in and a pre out so it can also be used separately as a power amp or a preamp. When I use it as an intergrated amp, there is no output. If I turn the volume to max, I can hear the music very faintly. The same occurs when I plug in some headphones in. But, when I use a separate preamp and use the NAD as a power amp, it works fine. It appears to me that the problem is with the preamp section of the unit. There is only one fuse in the unit and it is fine. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what the problem might be? Thanks.

Reply to
RemoGaggi

It sounds to me like it's a problem in the switching. Are you sure you don't have it on tape monitor or something?

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

RemoGaggi: Make certain that a "Tape Monitor" or "Adapter" switch is not left on. Also try another set of RCA/RCA jumpers from the PREAMP OUT to the MAIN AMP IN jacks (Left & Right Channels) If there is a set of adapter or equilizer input/output jacks make certain that they are jumpered. electricitym

- - - - - - -

RemoGaggi wrote:

a pre

When I

volume to

in

NAD as

with the

is

Reply to
electricitym

The preamp out and main in on the back panel are not "jumped". In this type of amp, are they normally jumped? Maybe this is the problem?

Reply to
RemoGaggi

Thanks electricity, It was missing the jumpers. Thanks for you help!

Reply to
RemoGaggi

You can either use a set of short RCA patch cables or fab your own jumpers with a couple of pieces of 10 gauge solid bare wire....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert