Troubleshooting an Acer tablet

I was asked by a friend to check out an Acer A700 tablet. It shows the Acer screen for about 10 seconds, blanks, restarts.

I can do the Vol- & Power button thing to get into System Recovery mode, so I know the unit itself works, but I'm guessing whatever stores the OS is wiped, dead or disconnected.

I d/l'd a Service Manual for the thing, but I can't find a reference to where the internal storage is located

Does this device use an external SD card to store the OS? I've never worked on one of these before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
Randy Day

Try clearing the cache first. That usually takes care of oddities and anomalies. It would be useful to know which Android version it's running.

Buttons and paper clips:

If you have to reload everything from scratch:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com