Toshiba VTV-1415

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10 minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally goes wrong here? Thanks

Reply to
Jack00

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

Reply to
Jack00

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:20:39 -0700 (PDT), Jack00 put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't recognise the model, but I've seen this problem caused by a dry joint at a low value resistor in the horizontal yoke circuit. There is also an electrolytic capacitor near the jungle IC that can cause this problem on some chassis. Otherwise I'd change all the electros near the vertical output IC, and reflow all the solder joints in that area.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Most of the time, this from electrolytic capacitors failing in the vertical deflection area.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

Usually, bad solder connections at the vertical output IC, and potentially a SLEW of bad capacitors.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:20:48 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

Sorry, I meant vertical yoke circuit.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar