Toshiba TV Sound went bye bye

I was watching a DVD on my Toshiba TV (CN35F90) last night when right in the middle of the movie I heard a loud POP and the souind went out.There was a slight "electrical odor too". NO sound thru the TV, DVD or PS2. We did not do anything out of the ordinary to the TV prior to the POP (like hook anything up to it)

Any ideas?

Thanks Deb

Reply to
deb_dolittle

Time to call the service company. Most likely the audio output IC has failed, or possibly a regulator supplying power to the audio out has given up the ghost. Not an issue you are likely to resolve without the proper tools and working knowledge of TV repair.

Reply to
ampdoc

I looked in the back of my TV and discovered that both speakers were hooked up to the same channel. My kids probably did this when hooking up the Xbox. Does this help. Is there anyway I can run the sound through a receiver instead of the TV?

Thanks Deb

ampdoc wrote:

Reply to
deb_dolittle