toshiba DVD sled

I had a toshiba sd-3109u DVD player come in that would not play. took it apart, and saw the disks were loading OK. Press play and i could hear the laser trying to focus, but NO platter motor spin. Took the laser sled out (79070415). If i put 3 to 5 volts on the motor, i could get it to spin if i helped it start by hand. But even then it was drawing over 2 amps so something does not seem to be right. the numbers on the platter motor are CL903T C9316A. It seems to have a hall sensor on it too. Anyone know where to get just the platter motor?

Bob

BOB URZ

News==----

Newsgroups

Throw it in the trash, and buy a DVD player that is not made for Toshitba by Onion Electronics.

Reply to
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man w

You can't buy just the motor. Deck or nothing.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

That's what I said, stupid. I told the OP to buy a new DVD player.

Reply to
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man w

Ignore those other gues. Sure, throwing it in the trash may be what eventuall happens, but there's a lot that can be checked out first.

If it's a normal permanent magnet DC motor, try a quick spray of degreaser through the holes in the back to clear the crud off the commutator.

See:

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Well there Sammy boy. Perhaps the OP should get a real girlfriend in lieu of hiring hookers. Not only would he not have so much free time on his hands, he would also have some money to buy a new dvd player instead of wasting time fixing some cheap piece of shit.

Reply to
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man w

I haven't found a source for just the spindle motor in these. You can try and call MAT electronics for help though. They may want to get a hold of a bad motor so they can try and source it if they get enough requests for it, like the Sony DVP425ns spindle motor.

I have to recommend that electronics not be thrown away EVER. Electronic devices need to be properly recycled, and not the so called recycyling going on where it just gets shipped off to China or India for open air burning!!!

These links might help on finding a recycler:

dkuhajda

These motors are _really_ cheap crap. Having said that, yes it's often possible to clean the crud out of the brushes. It requires a knowledge of how these motors are constructed, so that you would know where to spray the cleaner in through the slits on the bottom of the motor, a compressor is handy to help blow out the crud and any excess cleaner / lubricant. It's often necessary to repeat the process numerous times before the short is cleared.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

I have seem mabuchi spindle motors in some of my parts catalogs. But this motor does not have a mabuchi part number on it and has a hall speed sensor on the top. Its not directly shorted, but it does seem to draw too much current went i feed it 3 to 6 volts DC from my bench DC supply. And then i have to kick start it to get it to run. I will try to take it apart. But its probably 50/50 whether it will run properly or not be damaged in the process. Its a customers unit and not my personal unit. A new sled is $100+. If i could get a motor for 10/25, it might be a doable fix. This is a solid unit and NOT one of the Chinese pieces of crapola.

Bob

Bob Urz

Bob Urz ha escrito:

on a related note, does anyone know of a source, preferably in Europe, for the panasonic motor used in rv-31players? B.