Toshiba DVD/R for PC

Hi all:

I'm experimenting a lot of problems with my DVD/R Toshiba, losing a lot of DVDs & CDs for bad burning. Anyone has experimented issues with this DVD/R's brand?.

Thanks for your time, Siciliano

Reply to
Siciliano

If cleaning does not fix it, toss it. No parts or service literature for computer drives. Your chances of fixing any problem other than cleaning are remote.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Mark:

Thanks a lot for you answer, I never tried to clean it but it is almost new (1 year). I don't know, maybe a will buy a better one and thats all....

Thanks again, Regards, Siciliano

Reply to
Siciliano

The inside of a PC is a dusty environment - cleaning might help. Problem is, computer dvd / cd drive are relatively difficult to get into for cleaning, compared to a standalone home unit. Not a problem for a tech type, but lots of people would have a bit of trouble. Then there's the issue of your time vs. replacement cost...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias