Toshiba 56H80 only displays from hi-def colorstream inputs

Hi all. I've got a 4 year old Toshiba big-screen TV(56H80) with a display problem. It will not display anything from the ANT-IN jacks or any of the S-Video or Component inputs. It will display fine from my DVD player that is hooked up through the Hi-def colorstream inputs(these are labelled Y, PB, PR). Occasionally the picture will come back(while on the other inputs), but not very often. It will display as just horizontal lines. The sound works fine, though.

Somewhere else suggested that it was the Hyper Module. I was wanting to check here and see if anyone had any other possibilities. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that myself? I am not afraid of a solder gun and would be happy to check things out if pointed in the right direction.

If there is a website that has already discussed this kind of thing, please let me know. Looks like a replacement Hyper module is about $400, so I'm not in a real hurry to drop that kind of dough...yet...

Thanks for any assistance!

Reply to
mystique