Toshiba 27AF43: noisy lines on top 1/5 of screen

I have a three year old 27 inch Toshiba TV. Recently a series of about

10 lines tracks across the top of the screen when a "normal" picture is present. The only time that the lines disappear is when the broadcast pictue is in 16:9 format.

I tried calling Toshiba and after waiting 10 minutes a recording told me I would have to wait another 28 minutes. My questions are: (1) is there a simple remedy for this annoying problem?

Thanks

David

Reply to
david walker

There is not a "simple" remedy. For an experienced tech it's simple, but not a novice. More than likely this set has a capacitor failure in the vertical output section. If you are not experienced in the repair of this type problem a call to a service company is in order.

Jammy

Reply to
ampdoc

yes what he said

Reply to
David Naylor

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 02:38:23 +0000, david walker Has Frothed:

Yes simple if you have experience troublshootng and repairing tv sets.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Many thanks to ampdoc, David and Meat Plow for your help, Before calling in the cavalry I wanted to make sure that it was neither "simple" nor "finger trouble".

David

Reply to
david walker

see page 29 of the manual i sent you change out c 407

Reply to
David Naylor

This is usually caused by defective capacitors in the vertical deflection circuit. Without the proper experience, training, and set up, I would suggest you give the set out for proper service.

--

JANA _____

10 lines tracks across the top of the screen when a "normal" picture is present. The only time that the lines disappear is when the broadcast pictue is in 16:9 format.

I tried calling Toshiba and after waiting 10 minutes a recording told me I would have to wait another 28 minutes. My questions are: (1) is there a simple remedy for this annoying problem?

Thanks

David

Reply to
JANA