The Cambridge P50 ...

Hi all

In case anyone's interested, I managed to get a copy of the schematics for the Cambridge P50 vintage amp that I posted about here a couple of weeks ago, and have gotten to the bottom of the problem. C12, the coupling cap between the third and fourth preamp stages, had dried out on both channels, and was almost open circuit. Apparently, the owner now tells me, it's been sitting in his roofspace for the last 10 years or more, so I guess that it's been alternately cooked and frozen each year, which sure as hell isn't gonna have done those electrolytics much good ...

Geoff

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Hi Geoff I recently acquired the same amp, but with a different problem. I'm trying to bring it back to life, but it's a long job! If you could send me a copy of the schematics, I really would appreciate it

Thanks

Dave

--
duranduran
Reply to

Dave

Mail me direct if you like

Geoff

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Hi Dave

Sorry for not coming back to you sooner. It's been so busy here the last couple of weeks that I've not had much chance to visit the newsgroups and keep up to date, so missed your post.

Do you still need the schematics ? I got them on disc from a service info retailer. It's a scan of an original paper copy in 6 or 8 parts. It's not quite A1 in quality, but quite useable printed out and stitched together with Sellotape.

What problem have you got with it ?

Regards Geoff

Reply to
Arfa Daily