Testing CPU's

I have a Microprocesser and it has a program built into it. I forget the numbers, it is at the shop. But is there a machine that can test these things along with the many other Z80 or 68000 or 8088 etc. I know there is the Fluke thing but that sounds like a lot work tracking down all of the modules. I just want to put it in a tester and see if it works. I know you can sub things but I like to be sure that something is really wrong before I replace it. I bought a Dune Chip Checker but it doesn't do Microproccessers. Any one seen something like that, that does microprocessers?

Thanks Russ

Reply to
uriahsky

El cheapo:

ha$ 16 Fluke pod$ li$ted, including the tho$e you mentioned, a$ well a$ the ba$e unit$.

Do an ebay search for "fluke pod" and you'll see the z80 and 8088 pods, plus others.

I've not seen an all-in-one tester, and I likely never will.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

The "all-in-one" tester does exist, and has existed for decades, they had it at a place I used to work in Anaheim, CA called Semiconductor Reliability Laboratories, or SRL for short. Huge box, had to be programmed, could test at room temp. with liquid nitrogen or high heat. E$PEN$IVE.

For Intel microprocessors there used to be something called an ISIS workstation that I used to work with to develop firmware, and it had emulation pods that allowed you to test any Intel uP, and then some. It's been years since I saw one of those.

Juan

Reply to
Juan Jimenez