Test post for Termey

This is a test. This is only a test.

Actually...this is a test to see if I get a bounceback message.

Reply to
Vinny Boombatz

why didn't you post to a test group?

You failed!

Reply to
Hench

Can't speak for him, but sometimes, depending on the path and what servers are down, test groups work when the real one doesn't. Thanks to you, the group has three times the unnecessary stuff.

Get over it.

Reply to
mike

The original poster wanted a "bounceback message". The only newsgroups that do that are the test newsgroups, or rather, various peoples and groups have set up servers to watch test newsgroups and send actual replies, so the tester actually knows the message is getting out. That doesn't happen with other newsgroups.

Now, since the original poster is using google (which says a lot all by itself), this "bounceback message" may be a google related thing, in which case it has nothing to do with the specific newsgroup.

Finally, most of the idiots who post a test message to a live newsgroup really are just wanting to see if they can get out, it has nothing to do with a misconfigured newsserver or something. They simply don't know about test newsgroups, or don't care. They might as well simply try replying to a message, saying something on topic, and get the same results. Most of the time, we never hear from them before the test message, or after the test message.

By the time someone actually has some concrete failure point that may be related to a newsserver configuration, they likely are capable of working things out without making a test message. At the very least, they actually would put in the message something indicating that they know about test newsgroups and that they really do suspect there is a newsgroup specific problem.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Reply to
jurb6006

It seems to be workng. What happened is something slowed down my PC and I forced it plain old off. Al the sudden now it worked. Thanks Vinnie.

I also appreciate the replies. I wll be back shortly with details.

Reply to
jurb6006

I am testing this from Firefox now.

Reply to
jurb6006

Reply to
jurb6006

Now I am using Thunderbird though aeio or whatever it is. When it works, google works. When it doesn't work, neither does google.

Reply to
Jeff Urban

It happens that Jeff Urban formulated :

That would idicate to most people that your link to the world was down. Either At your place or the connection company or the ISP?? B-)

--
John G
Reply to

Sorry to be a pain. This thread will have to serve as my tester right now until I find out what's going on.

Reply to
Jeff Urban