Television Magazine (1986/87).

Please does anyone have scans of the spectrum analyser project from late 86/ early 87 Television magazine?

The project is to rearrange a mono portable so a vertical TB derived 30V sawtooth sweeps the tuner varicaps, while the AGC switches the beam current line by line to indicate the relative position and amplitude of any signals the UHF tuner finds.

The project was in several installments, starting (I'm fairly sure) late 86. Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my collection!

Thanks.

Reply to
Ian Field

You might google "Poor man's spectrum analyzer" - this is a somewhat similar project, I believe.

Dave Platt

86/

current

signals

  1. > Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my

I probably have the issue/s but it means delving into the most inaccessible part of a cold shed. If no active replies in the next few days I will go trekking

If its in

1986 Jan,Feb,May,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec 1987 Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Nov
Reply to
N_Cook

If it helps,

Spectrum Analyser Project - G11 Chassis November 1986, Page 19

Found in the Television magazine index program at

Adrian C
Reply to
Adrian C

Looks like I've somehow got confused! - the project I was thinking about was based on a "generic" monochrome portable.

It could be; "A spectrum analyser conversion" 08/2004 P588 (& possibly more parts in following issues) - which also seem to have gone missing!

Reply to
Ian Field

Looks like I've somehow got confused! - the project I was thinking about was based on a "generic" monochrome portable.

It could be; "A spectrum analyser conversion" 08/2004 P588 (& possibly more parts in following issues) - which also seem to have gone missing!

Reply to
Ian Field

Have you tried 'Google Books'? A lot of old magazines have been scanned and can be read online. You can't save the images but you can use 'Print Screen' to copy it in pieces, if they have it.

Michael A. Terrell

86/

current

signals

  1. > > Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my

Unfortunately it seems unlikely. search term "television" too numerous and no magazine/periodical sub-section , IWS, in

I tried "wireless world" and only 2 editions

Does it need representative ISBN range numbers?

Anyone more familiar with that bit of google?

Reply to
N_Cook

i just type in the book title, or name of a magazine and the date and find a lot of what I want to see. If it's not there, it means that they haven't got their hands on a hard copy to scan, or it hasn't been scanned yet. Here is how they do the 'scanning'.

Michael A. Terrell