The Television

At the same time radio began to achieve commercial viability in the 1920s, the United States and Britain began experimenting with "television," the wireless transmission of moving pictures. Although.....

Wendy

Oh, WOW! I didn't know that. Please promise that you will always use the same posting name ;-)

...Jim Thompson

The first three paragraphs actually deal with the TV system, the rest of the remaining article deals with the impacts TV had on society, financial, cultural, etc. From my tech viewpoint, I'd say that the article didn't tell enough about the inventors, especially Philo Farnsworth, the father of TV. One book on this is 'The Last Lone Inventor' by Evan Schwartz and there are several others.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th