Tektronix TDS460 adjustment

Does any one know how can i adjust TDS460 ?

Reply to
NetSpid3r

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

If you mean calibration adjustments, you need a PC and the proper program,along with the proper cal standards. the PC program you can download from

If all it needs is cal,I suggest you send it to TEK or an independent cal lab. It's not a simple job like an analog scope.

Be aware that this model is past it's long term support period and TEK will not repair it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You will require the Tektronix calibration set-up for their digital scopes, service manual, and training.

For a proper calibration call Tektronix and arrange for proper service.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

I can't find the link for the program ... are you sure its still available on the site ?

Reply to
NetSpid3r

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I believe the cal software came with the "service" manual. I don't know the specific TEK part number for the SW. you can download the tds460 .pdf file and perhaps it will have the part number there,and then you can research the tek site.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

innews: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I have the TDS460A cal disk with the service manual . but its very old program that runs on dos , and i have compatibility problems ...

maybe there is windows based program ? or a METCAL adj procedure ... ?

Reply to
NetSpid3r

Sheesh, forgive my directness but be grateful that it _is_ a DOS program. Boot a PC to some version and DOS and be good to go. I am always grateful for a non-Windows version of any test and measurement software; the avoidance of Windows compatibility and stability and performance issues is a blessing.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

You're obviously right for "proper calibration".

But if all you need is non-traceable calibration, I've found the TDS series easier to adjust than the typical analog scope. Yes, you do need the cal sw and the gpib interface, but once you have that, all it takes is a power supply, dvm and a leveled oscillator. As I recall, the cal sw is quite descriptive about what to do. I didn't have to touch anything inside the scope, it's all done in sw. There are a lot of steps and it takes a while if you're setting up all the equipment manually. If you have what it takes to cal an analog scope of equivalent bandwidth, the digital is easier, IMHO. mike

--
Return address is VALID!
Reply to