Tektronix policy concerning old manuals

Folk,

I have an old Tektronix 4662 digital plotter with some manuals. The copyright in the user manual is 1976.

Nothing for this model was evident in the Tek Web site and I've begun scanning the pages to png files.

I wonder whether Tek will allow me to post the scans on a Web site for public access? Can anyone comment on their policy or send an address of someone at Tek to contact?

Thanks for any help, ... Peter Easthope

peasthope at shaw dot ca

peasthope

Please contact the folks at bama.sbc.edu who would likely appreciate an upload of this book; they have other Tek manuals online and we all will benefit from you efforts.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Tektronix says it is OK. Read the section titled "Manuals for Products That Are No Longer Supported" on

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

If you do post them,TEK is not going to raise a big stink about it. Of course,if you ASK them,their beancounters will tell you it's not OK; an "automatic" refusal.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

On 5 Sep 2007 16:20:19 GMT, Jim Yanik put finger to keyboard and composed:

Not TEK, but some time ago I asked Fluke if I could post the service manual for a PM97 Scopemeter. They didn't refuse, but they didn't reply either, so I scanned and posted it anyway. BTW, they no longer supply the manual.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

In my own experience with TEK,most managers typically said "no" reflexively after a question was asked of them. You could tell they didn't even consider the question before speaking. But they were always 'saying' they wanted employees to take initiative... (they were very good coming up with slogans;"talked the talk,but didn't walk the walk".)

One time,they even asked for comments when they had already predetermined their actions,and brought in Upper Management(the BIG guys) to meet with out local manager before the scheduled meeting to tell them the way it was going to be. A trap for the unwary.

I'm very surprised they posted a blanket approval for copying obsolete manuals. They must have gotten annoyed with all the requests.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik