Oscilloscope primer rec?

Today I used an oscilloscope properly for the first time. It is a Tektronix 465B. The manual for this 'scope isn't that helpful when you aren't familiar with the terms of the 'scope or what it measures. So, I would like, please, to get a recommendation(s) for a book aimed at beginners like myself. Thank You, Eric R Snow, E T Precision Machine

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Hi, Eric. Congratulations. The 465B is a great scope. It's easy to use, easy to repair, and it's a great one to learn on.

By far the best online resource for learning about scopes is from Tektronix, called "The XYZs of Oscilloscopes". It's available in .pdf format from Tektronix:

Once you've got that intro, the manual will make a lot more sense.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Ditto on the response recommending the Tek note (XYZ's...)

Also, check out a few of these links (found with google):

...etc.

Reply to
w2aew

Well, and because the OP mentioned he already has the manual: The section "operation" has a couple of good measurement examples.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekamn