technics SL-XP1A manual

Hi all,

I'm looking for the service manual of the portable cd-player Technics SL-XP1A. This old player is still able to play well some discs, but most of them either don't play at all or have much noise. I wanted to attempt a realign if I find the manual. Other hints welcome.

Best regards

Frank

Reply to
frank

XP1A.

ither

find

More likely dirt build up in the optics. The top of he lens is one out of many surfaces in the optic block and cannot be cleaned as you'll ever get it aligned mechanically. I seriously doubt you have an electrical alignment issue. And after all that, the lasers wear out too.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

L-XP1A.

either

I find

There are no adjustments for this model. There is a laser power adjustment on the optics assembly itself, but that should not be touched. If a cleaning of the lens does not resolve the problem, the optics assembly needs to be replaced. As far as I know, the optics are no longer available.

Dan

Reply to
abrsvc