Speakon connectors

Are they trademark name but licensed for manufacture by different companies or a generic term ?

N Cook

Real speakon connectors are copyrighted and manufactured by Neutrik, how ever there is at least one Eastern (probably Chinese) company making inferior copies of them, and another company (Cliff) makes a similar but incompatible connector.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

companies

You must have second sight. I noticed the R symbol on a Neutrik line plug (4 way) that was mated with a no R Cliff (2 way or maybe only 2 of 4 way) chasis socket, they meshed and locked together and functioned fine as far as i could feel/ see - is such a combination limited as to maximum amps or volts?

N Cook

I didnt realise that the Cliffcon and the Speakon would mate together. As I understand it the locking mechanism is totally different. There ya go, learn something new everyday

I believe that the 'blue' series are rated at 20 amps at max 120 volts. Neutrik NL4`s are rated 30 amps for the 'old type' and 40 amps for the newer X series. I think

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

YES

The copies are 'illegal'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

It's not even that the genuine item is expensive...

--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to