Sony TC-WR520 ~ Transports are locked up

Sony TC-WR520 ~ Transports are locked up

Hello,

Hope you are all doing well. I have a Sony cassette player that now always has the transports engaged, not a mechanical problem though. It is one of those dual players that can play two cassettes in sequence, so both transports are locked up. When you turn it on it will lock up in sequence. It worked once! I think it might be a fuse but I'm a N00b. TIA.

agp

amoshima **aht** gmail **daht** com

Reply to
Willie Buck Merle

Willie Buck Merle: The problem could be caused by slipping or worn belts that are not permitting the cams in each deck to rotate and cycle completely. electricitym

- - - -

Reply to
electricitym

Moist or bad system control ic or crystal. Step 1 , if its been raining in your area ===> hairdryer, Step 2, if 1 didnt help , replace crystal. If all the function l.e.d.s come on together u might want to confirm the syscon. Is the syscon forcing the solenoids to engage ? . What happens if you disonnect key inputs?.

Reply to
jango2