Sony Super Beta SL-HFT7 video line out not working

Hi I have a Sony Super Beta SL-HFT7 Betamax which was playing fine when suddenly the picture disappeared. The audio remained fine. I was using the RCA line out cables when this happened. Then I tried using the RF Coaxial out, everything worked fine (video and audio). I looked at the circuit board where the RCA inputs are located and everything looked fine. Does anybody have a clue what happened? I prefer using the Line Outs rather than Coaxial.

Thanks.

Reply to
g3misa

I've seen a similar model with a shorted capacitor in the area near the jack - I think it maybe was 1000uF. It's been a long time though...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias