Sony receiver, almost no volume

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way, I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model # is STR-D711.

Reply to
timandersen

  1. Turn volume DOWN.
  2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
  3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Ah don't spoil the fun, skip Step #1 :)

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Wow, I feel like a dumbass! thanks

Reply to
timandersen

Nope - a dumbass would have thrown it in the garbage, started taking it apart, or found another way to cause damage.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Amen!

mz