Sony HC5E low frame rate in low light

Hello! Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My

11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video was always fluid. Best regards, Dima

Im sure the manual will tell you if you read it, but I guess its a low light mode and it probably is indicated on the screen

Reply to
ransley

Thanks for replying! No, it's not the low light mode. I do not enable it and it is not indicated on the screen.

5:30=A0am, D wrote:

You said panoramic is that a special wide mode, if its new take it back, sony manuals are junk, and I found options even Sony support did not even know that are not in my manual, that I could shoot stills while taking video on an old unit. They have so much new stuff out its hard to know all the operating parameters on every model. Keep looking you will figure it out, but color slow shutter may be automatic and its on with Night Shot on mine

Reply to
ransley

Thanks Mark for replying! Panoramic video means that you turn a camcorder around its axis during recording. The Color slow shutter mode does not turn automatically, but manually only.

Thanks Mark for replying! Panoramic video means that you turn a camcorder around its axis during recording.

What?? If that is the actual function setting, it makes no sense at all to have such a setting. You could do the same thing with any video camera. Are you sure it is not a wide screen setting?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

,

ot

My

ow

Thank Mike for replying! What "function setting" do you mean? I meant panning shooting by a panoramic video. I use wide lens angle usually during panning.

Thank Mike for replying! What "function setting" do you mean? I meant panning shooting by a panoramic video. I use wide lens angle usually during panning.

Oh, I understand what you mean now. Reading through this I thought you meant there was a panoramic setting. Now I understand you are using a wide angle lesnse and taking a panoramic shot.

Apprently you are not the only one having problems with this camera.

If you just bougth it return it and get another to see if it has the same problem.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

?

nt

Thanks Michael for replying! I bought it half a year ago.

?

nt

Thanks Michael for replying! I bought it half a year ago.

?

nt

Hello! The Sony service says today that the camcorder is normal. The contact personel did not test the camcorder. The Sony service does not allow to contact technicians which tested the camcorder the days before. Sincerely.