SONY EV-C3 Video8 Player/Recorder (NTSC) Bad picture...

When you take the cover off there are three adjustable screws behind the head ( in what appears to be a RF booster?) and three adjustable screws below the head under the tape deck. I have played with all of them and they do not appear to make any difference to the picture... but my fridge is now colder.

The picture I'm getting is grainy in places but clear in others while the grainy fields move around the entire screen. The color contrast moves in and out and the player seems to playing on LP even thought the tape was recorded at SP.

This unit is old but clean inside.

What up, Know-Monkeys?

Thanks,

Break-Monkey.

Reply to
Alennx

Further, Where is the Head amp where the Caps need replacing?

If you suspect this job may be beyond me, you're probably right!

Reply to
Alennx

Capacitors in the head preamp. Your adjustments might have complicated matters.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

The head amp sits behind the drum.