SONY 52" rear projection problems HELP ASAP

Rainbow from left corner bottom to the left top corner! yellow /light pink/light blue colors? Anyone know what the deal is? help ASAP

thanks Trey W

Reply to
Gamer of NC

Without seeing it, Not really.

Could be convergence circuit, could be broken or misplaced mirror, could be a bunch of cockroaches inside the set dead on the lenses. Plus a few other possibilities.

Reply to
dkuhajda

I agree with above, but I would be certain that nothing magnetic (like speakers) is near it.

Reply to
VCR Gymnast

degaussing

Degaussing? He said this is a *projection* set, there's no degaussing.

Reply to
James Sweet

No degaussing, yes. But a speaker magnet near only one side of the set can move the beam in the closest gun a small amount, which could cause a shadowing effect on one side of the set. The OP did not mention if it was a rear projection LCD,DLP, or CRT set however. The effect would only be slight on a CRT set at most.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Reply to
over priced