solder won't come out of hole

"Ian Field" wrote in news:zSbPr.67734$ snipped-for-privacy@fx11.am:

I don't understand HOW you "don't get along with the UI". I don't like complex SW that takes a long time to learn,and Xnews is SO easy to use. If -I- can do it.... :-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Well you can get the source code and change it. I never looked at MS Liveshit, but I doubt it has a good UI especially for usenet.

### WLM has a similar UI to OE - which is what I'm used to.

###I've also tried installing Xananews - the UI looks like it might be tolerable but I get "pipeline out of sequence" error when I try to get message body.

### Apparently "upgrading" to an older version of WLM can fix quoted text indentation - but I've yet to find a copy.

Reply to
Ian Field

Yes, much better.

### Pity about the mangles UI though!

Reply to
Ian Field

"Ian Field" wrote in news:zSbPr.67734$ snipped-for-privacy@fx11.am:

I don't understand HOW you "don't get along with the UI". I don't like complex SW that takes a long time to learn,and Xnews is SO easy to use. If -I- can do it.... :-)

### It might actually not seem so bad after the succession of mangled trainwrecks I've seen since trying to find an alternative to WLM.

Reply to
Ian Field

What type or style of user interface do you prefer? An example of a program that does it correctly will suffice. My theory is that users tends to favor whatever they learned first. Hopefully, you don't want something that looks like a teletype machine output.

Did you at least look at Forte Agent?

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Found a standalone install of WLM2009.

There's top menus missing compared to the latest version, but last time I posted with it the indenting was OK.

Reply to
Ian Field

Before:

After:

Yeah, that looks like the right version.

Indents and quotes are now fine and your messages are readable. Congrats.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Just in case it helps anyone else, this is where I found the standalone WLM2009 installer:

There is a WLM2009 online installer on Filehippo, and the install files are still accessible on the M$ server (for now!).

Live Essentials 2011 must be completely uninstalled first or it will report there's a newer version installed and refuse to proceed.

Reply to
Ian Field

perfect

Also

space

UI=20

Well at least you are trying. Personally i use agent and it is about the best i have tried. And i have tried a lot, that was some time ago now.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Found a standalone installer for Live Essentials 2009 in which live mail indents correctly.

Here's the link in case it helps anyone else:

Ian Field

Not sure about your idea of UI usability but thunderbird sure beats the pants off of the google web interfarce (not difficult to do).

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

text=20

Plus you will be doomed to fighting the updater forever. Get a real news reader. It is a different interface, M$ f***d that up.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

perfect

identifying

chip

Also

is

the=20

the

now.

=20

s-2009-back/=20

Megasnot didn't invent usenet, they think they have a vested interest in destroying it. A proper news reader does have a different kind of interface, it must as the demesnes predates M$.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

message

stainless

block

I thought the capilliary force might take the molten solder up the tube , even just a surface coating inside would mount up each time , until full clog. So I take it that is not the case.

Reply to
N_Cook

Unless (and probably if) I want to pay for a "real" news reader - all the one's I've found the UI was a mangled train wreck!!!!!

In WLM2009, the news UI is actually faulty - but compared to the 4 or 5 readers I tried, its just about tolerable.

Had I not found WLM2009 - I would have carried on using WLM2011 and just ignored the howls of protest.

Reply to
Ian Field

So does Netscape 4.8

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's another case of coders writing for something they don't use. They are all hat & no horse. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell