Slightly OT ...

Although we have no choice some items are not made here in USA its our fault china made stuff is here like it is .

The average consumer goes to the store and picks the lowest priced item-s and has grown the attitude of throwing things away if one little thing goes wrong because it only costed ### almost all people have no idea most of our good old american named products have a substitute cinese insides in them . If i explain their new RCA DVD player has a chinese Orion insides in it ,they give a blank stare .

The construction of most plastic products from china is very good . I worked in a place where i was to assemble this stuff including many office chairs . I agree the chairs are real nice ... if you dont weigh

300 pounds
Reply to
Ken G.

Goodness. However did that happen?

Maybe you could write to them and complain about the lack of American content:

Thomson (Headquarters)

46 Quai Alphonse Le Gallo 92648 BOULOGNE cedex FRANCE

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

What cans? Who is going to make them, process them, or deliver them with NO technology?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ancient people long, long ago figured out how to survive in the wild without even a knife. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I've been though several military survival training sessions, and I found a lot more use for a hatchet. I don't even remember using my knife. The one at -20F in Alaska was the worst. Very little food to be had, and you spent most of your time harvesting firewood. Shelter was small branches cut from pine trees, and covered with snow. the opening had to face away from the wind, and if the shelter was too small, your lost body heat would cause it to ice over, and lose the insulating effect of the loose snow covering the shelter. The don't call it a 'frozen wasteland' for nothing.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I agree about the Hatchet.One of the most usefull survival tools ever.Most rocks will put out some sparks for starting a fire.Flint and chert and quartzite put out the best sparks.I watch Survivorman and Man Vs. Wild on the Discovery channel sometimes.I have never been in a survival situation before.I often wonder how I would make out? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

My favorite was when they interchanged "screw" with "f*ck".....oh wait...that was the Japanese.......

Reply to
boardjunkie