Silver Paint For Compaq Laptop

Oops! I applied acetone to remove a sticker and took off a bit of the "silver" paint on my wife's Compaq laptop.

Any recommendation of the type/brand of spray paint to use as a touch up?

Thank you.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
Reply to

See if you can find an automotive touch-up paint to match. I would use brush-on rather than spray on unless you can really mask off the rest of the laptop so no stray paint gets to where it shouldn't be. It wouldn't hurt to contact Compaq and see what they suggest.

H. R. Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

"John Keiser" hath wroth:

I don't think you can color match the paint, but it's worth a try. As I vaguely recall, it's somewhat conductive and is mostly used as shielding to help pass the FCC radiation requirements. Otherwise, you get to paint the whole laptop.

Also, you might want to ask Compaq if they could send you some more of those unremoveable stickers (i.e. advertising) that came with the original laptop to cover up the mistake. Perhaps some anti-friction pads, window shelf paper, duct tape, or some decorative stick-on might salvage your marriage.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

More of the same on laptop painting:

You can't convince her to turn her laptop into a work of art for arts sake, perhaps mentioning that nobody would want to steal it after you're finished might help.

Even better idea:

Some of these laptop modifications are truely bizarre.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Where was the sticker? If it was on the keyboard surround, getting a new one installed won't be very expensive. If your wife wants an invisible repair it might be the only alternative. Or find a non-working unit and replace it yourself.

Reply to
Jack F. Twist

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A dozen roses and dinner at a nice restaurant? (c:)

Reply to
Jim Land

Thats plastic . Make sure you dont use lacquer paint it will eat at the plastic . A nice big yellow smile face sticker is your only hope .

Reply to
Ken G.

Put the sticker back on..

Reply to