Sharp Microwave R-1471

Our Sharo R-1471 over-the-range microwave (about 10 years old) quit working. The interior light and fan stay on continuously, and there is no response to most of the front panel buttons. The Sharp web site had no indication that parts/manuals were available directly from them. Is it possible to get a service manual, or at least a schematic for this unit? How about parts availability? I took the control panel out and found no obvious damage. Tracing back from the 2 larger relays on the bottom edge of the board, it seems that Q27 is open. Marking on the part is "A223" Does that stand for

2SA223, or is it a house number?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Someone slam the door?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

My first suspicion would be the interlock mechanism. You can check the interlock switches with a multimeter.

Probably is 2SA223, the 2S is routinely left off.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It appears that both of you are correct. The clip holding the upper door switch is broken. I never would have guessed that an interlock switch would have caused the symptoms that I was having. Apparently this particular switch turns on the interior lamp and disables the touchpads when the door is open.

Thanks for the help. Paul

BTW, according to Tritronics, the full P/N for Q27 is VSKRA223M//-3.

Reply to
Paul