Sharp CF-27S10 burnt D502.

Came in fuse softly blown, shorted HOT (Q602), Replaced these and several caps in the regulator circuit. Turned on to be greeted with smoke. HOT and fuse still holding but the D502 broke in two without any heat damage which is interesting.

Anything I should look for to get Sharp fixed? Since Sharp is not friendly to deal with for our TV shop so I came here asking for info.

This is the one of those Sharp's strange two transistor switching regulator that controls pair of exposed windings around the flyback's core. I need documentation on this theory of operation especially for Sharp's unique regulator? I have another Sharp TV with even worse condition (regulator section blown up).

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.