SEMI OT: Is there a website, manual, or video for Kenwood Chef Repair?

For those of you in the US, nevermind, you probably have no idea of what I am talking about. Sorry.

Is there aything out there, e.g. manual, video or website with information on repairing a Kenwood Chef Mixer?

They have been around since 1955, I expect by now there must be one.

Someone is giving me an old (1970's vintage) one and I was wondering if there was any preventive maintainance I could do (or have done) to it.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
Reply to

Geoffrey S. Mendelson Inscribed thus:

Have you done a search for the sevice manual. I found one on the net some time ago, downloaded a pdf, but can't remember where I put it. There is not much to do on them other than lubrication and motor brushes. I saw new replacement motors on Ebay around the time I was looking for info. Mine/ours is over 45 years old and apart from paint peeling and chipping only required cleaning & lube.

--
Best Regards:
                        Baron.

Thanks, yes I have. Unfortunately, when I google Kenwood, I get responses for radios (products of the Trio Corporation, Japan) instead of Kenwood appliances.

If you do find it please let me know.

But the question is where to lube?

Thanks,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
Reply to
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Geoffrey S. Mendelson Inscribed thus:

If you pull the top plate off it becomes obvious. Just be sure that you note how it comes apart. The motor is removed as a complete unit, just be careful with the wires to the speed controler.

Now you mention it, I seem to recall that I hit the same problem ! The manual was from a US source and they didn't use the "Kenwood" name. But I'm blessed if I can remember what it was. Which might also be why doing a search on my machine I can't find It...

--
Best Regards:
                        Baron.

Thanks. I found a site that sells "rebuild" kits for the electronics (capacitors, resistors and the one semiconductor) cheaply.

They include instructions. :-)

DeLonghi? That's who owns them now, and the lower end mixer was produced in 120 volts for them.

Geoff.