Security screw Bit type needed

We have a Black & Decker Profinish 714 steam iron that seems to need the internal cord connections tightened, but, I have not been able to find a security bit or screwdriver that fits the two screws that need to be removed to get to the connections. If anyone knows where I can obtain the tool I need, I would greatly appreaciate your help. Thanks. Mac

Reply to
mac

Most reputable tool dealers (Snap-On, Mac etc) can sell you most any type bit. What does the screw in question look like? Is it a Torx with center post?

Reply to
Mike W.

No, not torx like headlite screws on auto. Hard for me to describe, but the screws have a center sorta like torx but with 3 arms slightly spriraling to the outside of screw. Mac

Reply to
mac

Do you mean sorta like a philips head, but with only three wings instead of four and they appear to be slightly angled? If so, it's called a tri-wing and is available in many places such as...

I have not bought from any of those companies, just found them through a goog search.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

has a set of assorted security driver bits, $9 + shipping, #22-1875

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

I can find a good assortment of security tool bits at the local flea market. I bought two sets, because the bits have a tendency to disappear. :(

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks, Think I will order the set fm MCM online. Mac

Reply to
mac

For some reason it's listing at $14.95 at their web site even though it's always featured at $8.99 in every flyer. To get the lower price you may have to mention source code 5A110 and their "Fall Into Savings" catalog for Sept. 12 - Oct. 28 and phone them at 1-800-543-4330.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me