schematic needed for Kenmore microwave-Hood 721.62752100 Goldstar LG

I have a Kenmore over the stove microwave - hood vent model #

721.62752100. A few months ago the light under the unit that lights up the stove top kept getting dimmer and dimmer. Then one day I turned on the microwave to heat something up and there was a spark behind the control panel and it was dead. I checked the outlet and the fuse, they were both good. I pulled off the control panel and found that one of the copper links on the curcuit board had been melted. I jumped it with a small piece of wire. Now I get power to the clock, timer, and fan. The microwave still doesn't work. I'm assuming that something else shorted out. I need a shematic or repair manual to de-bug the problem.

Any ideas????

Thanks - Alex

Reply to
luckyalexx

Sounds like a powerline surge, the control IC MAY be bad, check the 1n4148 signal diodes around the IC. With the light getting dimmer over time, might be a burnt relay. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

You need a repair technician. Jumping a burnt circuit without checking components to see why it burnt is an invitation to disaster. While the control board has up to 120V AC in some places (if you're in the US), microwaves have lethal voltage and current in other areas. While this hasn't answered your question, I'm just trying to prevent a tragedy. If you already know this, don't be insulted, and good luck with your repair. Most manufacturers do not supply a schematic of the control board. The whole board itself is considered a replaceable component. The only diagram available will likely be a block diagram which may be on a sticker inside the unit - maybe suck to the inside of the cover. I guess they think all a technician can do is unplug some wires and replace a whole board. Good luck and please be careful. If you don't know about microwave safety specifically, please read

Jumpster Jiver

Thanks for the info. I called sears and I can buy a new board for $87. I'm not sure it's worth it. I only paid $100 for the mircowave. I have read several pages of information about microwave safety and I know they can be very dangerous. Thank you for your concern. If I continue with trying to repair the unit I will take precautions.

Reply to
luckyalexx