Samsung TV repair question.

I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32 inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past, I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is. Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

Reply to
Beezle Bub

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:47:27 -0800 (PST), Beezle Bub put finger to keyboard and composed:

Service manual for TXJ2766 and TXJ2754:

Check the East-West / Horizontal Pincushion correction circuit.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

And since the problem used to resolve itself in 10 minutes, presumably as the components warmed up, dud capacitors would be a good thing to look for.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Or bad joints on the EW modulation diode, if that chassis uses that type of geometry correction circuitry. Needs looking at quite quickly though, because if it is a bad joint, the currents involved in the modulator circuit, can cause quite serious burn-up damage to the PCB

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

That's what happens when you feed HDTV into a non-HDTV TV Set. It takes about 10 minutes for the set to correct itself because frame buffers were a lot slower back in 1998.

Reply to
Christen Alex

That has to take the cake for the worst explanation of a problem this month. HD signals do not cause an hourglass shape. If this is a CRT set, you need to check the pincushion correction and horizontal deflection circuitry. If it is a flat panel display (doubtful in 1998), I have no suggestions.

David

Reply to
David

I have never read such pure unmitigated bloody nonsense in all my life, Stick to carpentry or plumbing or baking or whatever it is you do for a living ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

You can't be /serious/ - I thought it explained the problem of trying to squezze HD into 32 inches very well....

--
Geo
Reply to

LOL

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Reply to