Reparing a Scratch on 52" RCA Rear Projection TV

I'm surprised it has last this long without getting scratched.

My six-year old son scratched our rear projection tv screen. I am taking deep breaths. The scratch is about 3 and a half inches long in the lower center of the screen. I cleaned it up a little with just a damp cloth.

Can anybody help me out with any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Is there a flat plastic protective outer screen? If so then replacing that piece is fairly inexpensive. There's no good way to repair the scratch either way other than replacing the scratched piece. Could always dock his allowance to partially pay for it.

Reply to
James Sweet

Which screen is scratched? Describe it in detail. Outer protective screen, ~$150. Lenticular lens, vertical lines on it, ~$300.

You will have to look up the full model number to determine if the lenticular lens comes with the fresnel lens, in which case the cost could be higher.

FYI there is no way to 'fix' a deep scratch even > I'm surprised it has last this long without getting scratched.

Reply to
dkuhajda

If the scratch is directly on the lens screen it's going to be costly with no way of rubbing it out completely. There are companies on the net that specialize in new custom made lens screens for most rear projection TVs, even old models, but in most cases it's going to run several hundred dollars. You can buy fairly nice rear projection TVs now for around $1000.

Reply to
testortool