Removing film cables from connector from Lumix digital camera.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

That's good news -- especially after I gave you such a bad time.

I sincerely hope it continues to work properly. Too often, products "play nice" while you're messing with them, then revert when you leave them.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I had a PC like that once. Had to take all of the bits off the motherboard every 6 months or so or it would crash like fury! The story was that heat cycling allowed a little bit of "oxide" to form on some contacts which gave an intermittent contact. Pulling apart and reassembling wiped the contacts clean - for 6 months!

David

Reply to
David

it.

jpg

do

and

on

Whenever I come across non-ZIF ribbon terminations I always wrap about 4 turns of proper cloth reinforced upholstery tape (not duck/duct tape) , half inch wide, around the ribbon before re-inserting it, and then leaving it in place

Reply to
N_Cook

Ditto for the Apple ][. Most of the chips were socketed, and temperature cycling gradually caused them to work loose. I had to periodically shove them back down. Skrunch, Skrunch, Skrunch! Not at all prepossessing.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Thanks for the great tip.

--