Remote Problem with Sony KP-53S35

I am having a problem with my Sony KP-53S35 Projection TV. The remote worked fine up until a couple of months ago. The remote started acting funny after my wife cleaned the television the next day it was fine and now a couple of months later it started doing it again and the next day it was fine. Then it started again later that day and has not been the same sense. I have done all the usual stuff batteries, multiple remotes with the right codes everything and anything I could find to help explain what might be happening. The problem is the remote works if you put it about 5" to 6" in front of the little plastic window on the TV. Cleaning this window on the outside and inside did nothing. The chasis open does nothing either. I did notice that it was quite dusty on what looks to be the main computer or "mother board" section of the TV. I am somewhat hesitant to blow air on this area cause the TV works fine with the exception of the remote. One other thing I remember is the other day when it quit working and in the morning it started working I was messing around with the remote about 6" away and gave up. The screen went black and a popping noise was heard and the remote worked as normal for a few days. Any information regarding this kind of problem would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the remote sensor. But my lack of knowledge on this subject is keeping me from doing anything because it seems to work at 6" why not 10" feet?

Help me please:) Thanks for any and all replies! Sincererly, Mark Jones

Reply to
jonesmcj