receiver static

Well I worked on the KLH Fifty Five tonight that I posted about earlier. Turns out it is in fact only in one channel which simplifies things greatly and I tracked it with freeze spray down to a transistor marked K40. I assume this is a 2SK40? I couldn't find much useful info but it seems this is an N channel fet. Anyone know the pinout?

Reply to
James Sweet

Well I just happened to have a few ZVNL11 mosfets in my stash so I popped one in using the same orientation and it worked! I should probably scope the outputs and see how they compare from one channel to the next but it sounds pretty good to my ear so I think it'll be good enough for grandma. Nice to have it fixed finally, it's been acting up for over a decade and was unusable the last couple years.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 05:21:09 +0000, James Sweet Has Frothed:

Glad to hear you got her fixed up.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow