RE: RCA 60" 8 YRS.OLD

ITS 8 yrs old a 60" ,all of a sudden, it has " color lik rainbows" if you turn off the set [tv] and then turn it back on the picture is perfect, for several seconds, then, thecolor rainbow reappear, { "rainbows" for a lack of a bette description}like blurred vision, heavy in colors, I'm guessing i needs some adjustment, but i lost owners manual. THIS is the firs problem I've had since new, thanks,ji

Reply to
jiw395

Adjustments don't fix defective\failing components.

The smps for the convergence amp board is shutting down. It could be the smps itself, or it's detecting excessive current draw from a defect on the amp board (which could be drawing too much current because of bad inputs from the correction generator section.

Have it checked professionally.

John

Reply to
John-Del

Couldn't it also be loss of color sync? In the olden days (vacuum tubes, etc) this was much more common.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

Ah, loss of burst or a drifting oscillator.......... I wouldn't mind spending a day working on that stuff again.

I guess it could be anything from the OP's description, but it still sounds like a convergence shutdown, not uncommon for these chassis.

John

Hey, where the hell are my 6GH8s!!!!!

Reply to
John-Del