RCA PTK195 loses control

Hi. Got a PTK195 here. Fixed bad solder joints in horizontal and replaced shorts HOT. Runs good but loses control after a short time. As it is a 60 incher in the owners house, who had to get back to work, I haven't had time to dig deep.

It loses response to remote and front panel. I figured next visit I would disconnect control panel and see how it does. Just looking for a little input on this.

Thanks in advance, Danny

Reply to
<djnoble35209

The 195 series has an easily removable light box, just pull it-one man job. The FPAs are known to have leaky switches. Replace the contacts or the whole board.

John

Reply to
John-Del

Cool. Thought it may be that, just haven't seen that symptom before. Owner hasn't had time for me to get back over and try that. Maybe Saturday morning if I can catch him.

I've seen a kind of similar problem where channels climb up or down by themselves. I've got a full set oif the tiny switches, unused, that I got for another guy but he hasn't shown, so I'll put in this one.

Cheers, Danny

Reply to
<djnoble35209