RCA Model P52756SB (CTC169 chassis) HZ lines

Hello: I have a 169 projection chassis in my shop which has some unusual visual symptoms. Two photos of the screen are available for viewing at this location:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Robert McPherson McPherson Electronics Telephone (502) 367-9324 Cellphone (502) 298-6997

Email snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
rm502

Does it have a Comb Filter ? Check the caps arond the Video Jungle IC just to the left of HOT.

Reply to
kip

Kip: Thanks for your recommendation. I'll check it out.

Robert McPherson

Reply to
rm502

Have you changed CR4118 yet...Its tests ok but causes a mulitude of problems.

Reply to
kip

Check these :

--------------------------------------------------------------- Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

RCA PTK169

Video Has Horizontal Lines Distortion In Picture / Looks Like Arching

Austin Tv El

Found Open Caps In Pip Circuit. C8501,C8424,C8425 All Are 15mfd 50v Cured Problem

RCA PTK169

Video Flickering, Intermittent, Almost Too Quick To Notice

Dash3053

Resolder R71 And R72 In Pip Module

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================