QUESTION: JBL Speaker Rattle

What you have to realise is that Mr G considers uk.rec audio as his own little fiefdom and beware anyone who doesn't conform to his, err, beliefs.

You'll need to explain 'civil' to Keithie baby.

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is true that there are many who have never learnt any basic manners, and who ask questions on here, and then can either not be bothered to return and read the sometimes very comprehensive answers, or if they do, semm like they cannot be bothered to click a few buttons, and type a response or some thanks. There may very well be valid reasons for this. For instance, when a question has been cross-posted to multiple groups, some people may not have the experience to determine where replies have come from, or may reply direct to the respondent, or just to the group where the reply was posted from.

There are "serial ignorers" who never seem to reply to anything posted back to them by way of comments or help, but there are also regular posters, such as the one who triggered all this, that I have not found to fall into this category. Interestingly. I used to spend a fair bit of time over on ukra, lurking, and making the odd contribution, and I hadn't previously seen Keith 'go off on one' like this, unless seriously provoked by some of the 'usual suspects' over there. Perhaps there's just some little thing about this which has 'set light' to him, and temporarily suspended the 'good guy'. It happens to us all sometimes. Heaven knows, I've been dragged into a few heated exchanges over the years, that on reflection probably started from me just having a bad day ... !!

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

He is an absolute idiot. Why does everyone else find him so difficult to plonk?

JS

Reply to
John Smith

This is a freakin' newsgroup!

From these types of responses--one full of egotistical idiots!

PLONK! Ya idiot!

JS

Reply to
John Smith

I care.

And you've caused much more noise than EADGBE so kindly f*ck off.

Reply to
Meat Plow

And your point is ... ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Keep the thread going you hypocritical f*ck. You know you want the last word.

heh

Reply to
Meat Plow

What ails thee, friend...?

Reply to
Keith G

Two blow-ins a year? Sign me up!

Bob Morein (310) 237-6511

Reply to
soundhaspriority

I was right.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Well, well, well - no surprise to see you here Plowie....

What they also have to realise is that there's been plenty of times when I have been virtually the only voice in ukra keeping the flame alive and that I have unsubscribed twice and had direct 'come back' emails wailing about how quiet it went each time - and let's show them here how even *you* pinged me when I absented myself recently (I have crossposted the post here for reference).

I also wonder if the good folk of s.e.r. (Meat Wanka excepted) know exactly was a sad little maggot you are in ukra - getting your arse routinely kicked every time to try it on with your betters? (And I wonder if they also know that you really consider ukra to be your *own* property....??)

Well, not to worry Plowie - I shall unsubscribe ukra tonight (see my post there shortly) and may well only subscribe here long enough to give Meat Wanka a bit of a ride (while I can be arsed)...

(Crossposted to ukra only so the ukranians can see what a creep Plowman is!)

I pay back in the same coin I am payed....

Reply to
Keith G

you don't know how true that is...

[snip the rest of the dribble]
--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, it's all yours now - you can line your arse up on Iain's boot as often as you want free of the fear that I am watching you!! :-)

Sure, but let's leave the stupid sig in! :-)

(Plowie *hates* that!! :-)

Reply to
Keith G

Flaming? bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Creep....

Oh, that's good. Let me guess - an aeroplane going into a steep dive?

Liar....

(But the naughty boy did snip Plowie's silly sig - can't have that, I'll put it back in!)

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Keith G

OK.

I have just dropped in and checked this thread, after being absent for a few days.

I have done some checking into this "controversy" (if all of this B.S. could even deserve that title)...

In the case of my question concerning the Nakamichi TA-4A receiver, I was able to resolve the issue without having to check the thread again to see what bits of advice I had received. I never checked back, so it does logically follow that I never did respond to the original thread with a message of gratitude to the people kind enough to try to help me.

So yeah, Keith G. is technically correct...I didn't thank anyone in that thread, and I do believe that I should have done so, even though I didn't need to try any of the suggestions I received.

I was wrong not to thank those who posted suggestions...BUT...Keith G. is equally wrong for slamming my head up against the wall so furiously for it. It was a simple oversight on my part, and certainly not deserving of such self-righteous indignation on his part.

HONESTLY, we all have been guilty of not expressing gratitude at one time or another...should we all be forced to have that held against us for the rest of our lives?

Keith G. was quite diligent in finding a mistake that I made in the past and then holding me accountable for it.

Why couldn't he have been equally diligent in finding my much more recent posts, where I was quite careful to thank those who had helped me?

I guess it's more fun for Keith G. to point out where others go wrong, instead of actually being constructive and helpful.

And to top it all off, he never even offered any advice to me in that Nakamichi thread--so why is he even spending all of his time and energy caring about whether or not people were properly thanked in that thread???

Is it really THAT much fun to be so vindictive? I guess it is for Keith G.

I will end by saying one more thing:

It takes a real adult to admit when he's wrong.

I have done so in this post.

I will now wait for Keith G. to admit he was wrong for being so needlessly vicious.

But I won't hold my breath.

By the way, A BIG THANK YOU (sincerely) to everyone who has been helping me with the JBL speaker question. I haven't yet had the time to try any suggestions, but I have some free time coming up in the next few days, and I plan to give some of your suggestions a go. I'll let you know what I find.... Cheers!

Reply to
EADGBE

Yep.

so it does logically follow that I

Yep.

Yep.

(As in May last year, in ukra...)

You think so? 100% incidence on my (new) computer here and I don't have the beginning of this thread, but I believe I pointed out your crossposting and failure to thank those who replied on this and the only previous post I could find for you - which was also crossposted....

???

should we all be forced to have that

Took 20 seconds - see above, I had only 300 posts to scan and your only other post in ukra, the only group I subscribed to then was May last year...

In ukra? There weren't any.

Not really and, as I was just about to unsubscribe ukra anyway, I'd have done better to let it pass. If there had been more posts from you (ie as an

*ukra contributor*) instead of just one more example of what appeared to be extremely selfish behaviour I wouldn't have replied at all.

I have no idea about your Nak problem and I care (cared) about the lack of acknowledgement because it came at the end of a long career of assisting no end of people over the last few years (in ukra) - usually/mostly without acknowledgement. Came at the wrong time, that's all....

Doesn't help when your response was as follows:

Does it?

Almost - you seem more concerned to make the point that *I'm* in the wrong:

Vicious? I don't think so - especially not in the light of your 'asshole' response....

Don't - if I thought I was wrong anywhere in that thread I wouldn't have posted. Wasn't helped by your pal Meat Wanka swinging in to ukra trying to act the tough guy, but I'll tell you one thing - at least he tried to back you up. Not one member of ukra did the same for me - so f*ck 'em...

(This time I've announced my intention to drop 'audio usenet', I've so far only had one 'ukranian' saying 'keep in touch with the group', so it looks like I've overstayed my welcome there - not that there's anything left of it other than the likes of Plowman...)

Well, it was a long haul, but it seems it did a bit of good in the end. Next time you're in the wrong and get a bollocking for it try to act less like a spoilt kid and pass the word to Meat Wanka to be careful about gobbing off on someone else's 'home turf' - or someone might follow him home again....

That's it. I'm done with usenet now and will take this opportunity to nip it off, or it will go on forever....

(Crosspostposting left in for 'closure'....)

Reply to
Keith G

Aw, c'mon Keef. I'm not a reg'lar over there on UKRA any more, but I did defend you on here, saying that I had not known you to be quite so 'robust' in your responses in the past, and it must have been just that he caught you on a bad day, which it seems was rather the case. It'll be a shame if you abandon Usenet. I always enjoyed your slightly acidic take on life, and the pictures of your latest speakers and Chinese amps ... !!

(x - posting left in, in case you don't look back here ... )

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

As I said near the top when Keith came wading in, I have never known you to be anything other than a responsible poster. Certainly, you have thanked me when I've made responses to your questions.

That said, I'm also at a bit of a loss to explain why Keith got so worked up on this one. I used to spend quite a bit of time on UKRA, and had many interesting and friendly exchanges with Keith over the years, and indeed, many other 'regulars' over there. I have seen some pretty fierce flame wars on that group, which Keith and others have been dragged into, but I can't remember ever seeing him get quite this vehement in his responses. He is an experienced computer and Usenet user, so is certainly capable of researching past postings from anyone. So I'm sure that there must be a reason that he reacted like this, because based on my past interactions with him, I would definitely have had him down as one of the 'good guys'.

Still, hopefully it's all resolved now ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

They have probably been dropped or someone had the speaker out and didnt tighten it down evenly. My son had some big woofers replaced at one of the big home entertainment stores and they ruined them. The guy putting them in thought he was Wyatt Earp with an electric drill.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D