PTK169 B+ still high

PTK169AV had shorted hv splitter. I dont have repair manual. I checked other posts I could find on net. I replaced the 4 caps around smps. B+ in standby is 168 volts and drops to

160 volts in run. I adjusted the pot labeled B+ reg, the one under the black snap cover, It made no effect on standby and only drops to 159 volt in run. I used RCA caps for 15 and 39 uf caps...105 deg.C for the other 2. What else should I look for? Is there a pot I missed for standby adjustment? Thanks
Reply to
Roy and Rosa

What are ALL the smps primary AND secondary voltages in standby. FYI, you may have already damaged the new hv splitter by running the set with the b+ that high.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Download the ctc169 information here:

It will help even if component values are a little different.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Here is the direct link:

dkuhajda

Are you sure you're using the right ground to measure the B+?

Reply to
<oldfogie

I have 143 volts in standby and responsive to adjustment. BUT i only have about 7 volts on the 15 volt line. And nothing on the 5 volt line. I will replace D4118 tomorrow. When I unsolder WJ324 I get 14.8 vdc when I resolder wj324 and unsolder jumper WJ320 I get 7 vdc. Problem seems to be in 15volt 'B' supply. I must have been using the wrong ground. I guess I was measuring to the hot ground on the chopper heatsink! The schematic from that link from dkuhajda gave me really helped. Thanks for replys Roy

Reply to
Roy and Rosa

The 15 volt rectifier, D4118, was the problem. Set works great now.

Roy and Rosa