Proview 17 monitor is ticking

I thought thios would be a simple fix, i thought of the HOT right away but when i checked it, it was ok. So my monitor is ticking (nothing else) but is not the HOT. Where can it be com,ing from. Ive checked voltages on T501 (not sure of the number) and they are all over the oplace. Where it sould be -11 is like 5 and than 10 and than 7. Same deal with the 55V output. They keep fluctuating. Why? Some reading ive done on the web suggested a problem on the low voltage power supply. Can this be true. Ive checked arround that area but i can not find any bad components. Can any one help me. Let me know if you need more info. Thank you.

Reply to
onyxx

I thought thios would be a simple fix, i thought of the HOT right away but when i checked it, it was ok. So my monitor is ticking (nothing else) but is not the HOT. Where can it be com,ing from. Ive checked voltages on T501 (not sure of the number) and they are all over the oplace. Where it sould be -11 is like 5 and than 10 and than 7. Same deal with the 55V output. They keep fluctuating. Why? Some reading ive done on the web suggested a problem on the low voltage power supply. Can this be true. Ive checked arround that area but i can not find any bad components. Can any one help me. Let me know if you need more info. Thank you.

Reply to
onyxx

If your HOT is good, short the base lead to the emitter lead and see if the clicking stops when powered up. Some monitors will bring up the low voltage with the HOT disabled. Since most over current problems are associated with the HV transformer, shorting the HOT should determine if your problem is after it or before it.

Be sure however that the HOT is good, or this shorting proves nothing. Some monitors need signals from the output of the HV transformer, so this doesn't work on all monitors.

Reply to
Ken