Problem Grounding a Generator

No it was sold as a Coleman Powermate - now defunct.

Depends on the soil too. Unless you live on a sand dune one 8 footer is usually enough.

Reply to
Meat Plow

A troll that jumped on anybody that mentioned surge protectors.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

In article , Meat Plow writes

There was a recent discussion in demon.tech.pc by someone with a very similar problem. (If you're aware of w_tom, you'll not be surprised he featured in that thread.) We managed to establish that some APC UPSes are specified by APC as generator-compatible and also have a button on the back which can be used to reduce the UPS's sensitivity to poor mains voltage.

I told the OP in that thread that his problems may be due to the lack of a ground reference, but not being au fait with the subject had to bow out there. Bear in mind this was a 240V (UK) installation, so I wasn't comfortable with discussing tying one side of the output to ground.

--
Mike Tomlinson
Reply to