Premature halogen bulb failure

Aren't they only rated a few tens to a few hundred hours too?

Reply to
James Sweet

Absolutely not, I have lamps which have been in regular service for over

10 years. HPL575 in source Four fittings, never changed since commissioned. The long life version of the lamp is rated between 1500 and 2000 hours.

On the other hand, the lamps which do fail regularly tend to be in the same few lanterns. This I put down to poor connection betwixt the lamp pins and the sockets.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)