possible 2 settings for brightness on mag innovision monitor?

Does someone, somewhere know how i could establish two settings on my computer montior, one for daytime and one for nighttime? My office is very bright during the day and dark at night.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

Reply to
chrissywolcott

I have never seen this type of option on this type of monitor!

Get a good LCD screen. They work very well in both daylight and night time conditions.

In any case, the 570FD, does not put out very high lumination to begin with.

--

Jerry G.

I'd be happy with just a brightness setting that I could toggle back and forth. I have a mag innovision 570FD

thanks for any advice

Reply to
Jerry G.

I'd suggest looking at the settings for your video card.

If you happen to have an nvidia card you can click on the advanced button under display settings and go to geforce (your card name here), then color correction. Here you can adjust brightness and contrast and then make 2 different profiles, one for day one for night. I know nvidia isn't the only manufacturer that has something like this. The ATI card in my laptop has a similar function.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I found that when messing around with the display car setup, the changes are sometimes ignored by particular software's. Changing the settings for the card, does not change the monitor setting. What it is doing, is modifying the black and white levels from the card to the monitor. This is sort of masking what the man wants.

--

JANA _____

If you happen to have an nvidia card you can click on the advanced button under display settings and go to geforce (your card name here), then color correction. Here you can adjust brightness and contrast and then make 2 different profiles, one for day one for night. I know nvidia isn't the only manufacturer that has something like this. The ATI card in my laptop has a similar function.

- Mike

Reply to
JANA

...but in the end the result will be the same. So what is the problem?

Reply to
lsmartino

The only software I've seen ignore the video card's settings are video games.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

There is a free Polish software called gapa which one can set various brightness profiles. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck