Please help me get my Quasar tv/vcr combo out of display mode!!

This tv is somehow stuck in display mode. It scrolls this message on the screen:

I-CON MENU AUTO CLOCK SET wITH 24-HOUR BACKUP SLEEP TIMER ON-TIMER WAKE UP ALARM EASY PROGRAMMING ...AND MUCH MUCH MORE ASK FOR DETAILS!!!

How do i get this to stop??? i use it during college football season!

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
jaymerozendaal

Sounds like it's in demo mode. Do you have the original remote or owner's manual? Otherwise, I'd try unplugging the set for a while and then plugging it back in to see if that clears it up. Also post the model number. That will get you more responses.

-- David Farber David Farber's Service Center L.A., CA

Reply to
David Farber

Sorry, it's a VV1317W. I found this post after much searching:

(posted below)

i called them, they said hold the play button down for 6 seconds, and it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!

You're correct, your Quasar SP-2725 is made by Panasonic. They're usually pretty good about keeping manuals online, but they don't seem to have yours readily accessible.

Here's how you can reach them:

800-211-7262

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@panasonic.com

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. EST Open on Holidays

Reply to
jaymerozendaal